Seller Best Practices
Honesty is the best policy to get the most money and avoid arbitration issues. Two extra minutes is all it takes to do a great listing and the difference could be $1000+
– Take clear photos that show all angles of the interior and exterior as the app describes.
– Take close-up photos to show any damage, imperfections, or special features.
– Run Green Light if you are confident that it is mechanically sound (engine, transmission, drivetrain, frame)
– Take the vehicle for a quick test drive.
– Describe the interior, exterior, and mechanical condition. Details give buyers more confidence and they will pay more.
– Provide general comments that help to sell the car. Example “hard to find” or “very clean for the year and mileage”
– Check the status of the title and select Title Absent if you need more than a day to deliver ACV the title.
+ Use a paint meter and disclose any non-factory paintwork if possible.
+ Use an OBDII scanner and disclose any codes if possible.
– Do not overstate the vehicle.
– Do not lie about the condition.
– Do not intentionally leave out any issues.
– Do not try to hide any imperfections. Buyers need to be confident that your listing is not misleading.
– Do not run Green Light if you are truly uncertain about the mechanicals.